Hi folks. As many of you know, I’ve been researching early Christian papyri (dated from the 5th century AD and before) for awhile. As Easter approaches, I noticed that some of the papyri I’ve translated describe some of the traditionally-held events of Holy Week.
I thought it would be good to write about some of these Easter-related papyri and their contents throughout the week. I think there will be four or five posts, starting on Thursday if all goes well.
- P.Berol. 21143, the Denial of Peter, and the Resurrection
- PSI inv. 535 and the Crucifixion of Christ
- P.Vindob. G 19931 and the Blood of Jesus
- P.Berol. 21124 and the Descent of Christ to Hades
- P.Vindob. G 27290b — Easter Songs